Monday, February 16, 2009

U Blog 3

I have read what Laura wrote in her blog and I think that after reading what she put it is worth saying again that with older adults you have to have a lot of patience and understanding. Most of the people that we might be teaching are not as fast at picking up on how to do things on the computer and we will need to remember that as we go along and not get upset with them about it. They will make mistakes and it will be up to us to make them feel good about their abilities that they will use after we have gone.

1 comment:

Joshua Settle said...

I agree with you. I believe we should be patient when trying to teach the older generation. We should look at it in there shoes. For one their brains are not as sharp as a young adult's mind (0-40yrs old) and they didn't grow up with computers to have a basic understanding of their capabilities. I mean... we will eventually get to the point when we won't be able to keep up with the latest technology (sadly) and the younger generation acts like it's no problem and that we are useless in using the technology. In fact I believe when could learn a great deal from them and their past experiences just as their are learning from the current times. We are not going to get anywhere by arguing and getting frustrated with them. Helping people should be fun, I love helping people with computers.