Monday, February 2, 2009
Workplace Learning
What I have learned from the sites that I explored from my bookmarks is that the workforce in America needs to have more training in all areas of the work environment. the trends are for more savy workers that can do different things with computers than their competiers with the same equipment The workers have to be able to move from one database to another with little or no training needed up front. The trainers have to be more creative in their training sessions to help the workers understand the different roles that they will be required to handle as their jobs evolve into the different areas and they are given more responsibilities. The future of business is a growing area that the trainers will have to adapt to in order to be successful in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You mentioned that America needs to have more training in all areas of the work environment. When companies are having budget deficits, the training department is the first to be cut (http://training-time.blogspot.com/2009/01/employee-training-and-2009-budget.html). I do aggree with your statement on how every work environment needs more training, but how can companies afford it? One thought would be to hire somebody who teaches management how to train and leave it to the managers to train his/her staff. What do you think?
Chris, I agree with what you are saying. Too often companies feel training should be cut first as it often doesn't produce immediate benefits. What many of these companies don't realize is that the long term benefits of proper training would outweigh the cost
As for hiring someone to train managers to train, that sounds like a one time deal. The problem with that is that training is an ongoing process - and if there is no one there to train the managers all the time their training in turn will be antiquated
I agree with both of you in the fact that with most companies the first place that they cut is the training departments but the best thing that I could say is that after a very short time they would relize their mistake and get back to the training departments and through invative ideas and smart desisions for money alcolated for training they would gain back the ground that they might have lost with their competators.
Post a Comment